Monday, September 15, 2008

More Brownies - You Be the Judge

Well, I haven't made the other brownies I posted yet, so I can't tell you what I think, but my sister swears by this brownie recipe. I've also not made or had these, so anyone let me know if you decide to give them a try.

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c sugar
2/3 c butter
4 Tbsp water
4 c. chocolate chip
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1c chopped nuts, optional

Grease pan. Mix flour, soda, salt and set aside. Melt butter, sugar and water in medium sauce pan. When sugar has melted, remove from heat immediately. Do not boil. Stir in 2 c chocolate chips. The chocolate chips should melt. Beat in eggs with a spoon one at a time. Add vanilla, dry ingredients, and rest of chips. Pour in pan, spread evenly, bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. No not overbake. Should be firm in the middle.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

These are the best brownies in the world! YUMMY:) I get asked for the recipe anytime i take them anywhere.

Jessica said...

Yep. Finally tried 'em. Pretty darned good. Making them again tonight.