Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mmmmm...Bacon!

Thanks, Ginger, for the recipe. Let us know if you try it. I may make it this coming week, and then I'll let you know how it goes over here.

Chicken and Bacon Pasta

4 cups penne pasta
12 oz jar of alfredo sauce
peppers in adobe sauce (1-3 peppers depending on how spicey you want the dish)
4 slices of bacon
2 chicken breasts
2 green onions

Boil chicken and slice into bite sized pieces. Cook penne pasta and drain. Cook bacon and chop. Dice peppers finely. Chop green onion.
Place mixture in a 5X5 dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350. You may top with parmesan cheese before baking.
You can also mix everything and freeze for future use.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

This sounds like one I'd like to try - but where do I find "peppers in adobe sauce?"

Jessica said...

In the ethnic foods aisle. It'll be in a fairly small can with the other Hispanic Foods. They are smoked peppers and a little spicy, so if anyone in your house is sensitive, maybe go a little shy on this. I think we're trying it soon too.

Jessica said...

I finally got around to making this for tonight's dinner. I decided to skip chopping the peppers and just used my stick blender to blend them up in the sauce. I also added some carrots to the pasta while it boiled so that my kids could see things they like in the dish.
The verdict is that this is a pretty tasty dish. I used the peppers moderately, but it was still too spicy for my kids, so I just ended up feeding them the leftover bacon and some apple slices. Now I have a ton of the stuff left over. If you have picky eaters, maybe make his leaving out the peppers. The bacon in the alfredo sauce gave it a nice smokey taste.