Kerilee mentioned that she had made this one day, so I looked it up, and sure enough, I gained 10 pounds just reading the list of ingredients. Man is it Yummy! I've only made it once, but I think I could think of a few ways to make it a little less guilt inducing the next time around. Maybe less bacon (!), swapping the cream for half and half (I don't know. Sometimes that just doesn't cut it...), and sacrificing a bit of butter. But then again, it was pretty good as written, so why not just grab some Tums and try it? I will say that I don't own a crock pot, so I just cooked the chicken stovetop with the marinade in a dutch oven, and it didn't take anywhere near 6 hours. You could also grill the chicken and cut it into chunks. Or whatever you like. Let me know if you try it and how you do it. Enjoy!
Garlic Chicken Farfalle, from http://www.beckyhiggins.com/ by way of Kerliee
16-oz. Farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. pepper (or less)
1/2 cup butter
1 lb. bacon, crumbled*
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12-oz) Lawry's Mesquite Marinade with Lime Juice (I have used KC Masterpiece Chipotle with Lime and also KC Masterpiece Mesquite - both equally good)
*Bake the bacon on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for abut 20 minutes.
Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred. Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
One of our all-time favorites - for sure!!
Post a Comment